Scholarship Awards Criteria
Note: All Applications Must be Postmarked by March 19, 2021
- Applicant must be a descendant of a MCTS high school alumni, faculty, or staff member.
- Scholarship applications will be accepted from graduating High School Seniors with at least a 2.5 GPA based on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must include an official 3x5senior photograph with the Scholarship application.
- Applicants must provide an official transcript; including SAT or ACT results, with the application.
- The Transcript should be an official copy bearing the School’s Seal. The Transcript is to be placed in an envelope secured by the Official School Stamp over the sealed flap.
- Two signed letters of Recommendation (one from school and one from the community).
- Winners will be given an Award Letter.
- One-half of the scholarship amount will be disbursed each semester upon receipt of proof of registration, a copy of schedule and copy of student identification, or fee payment slip.
- Applicant must submit an essay. (Paper should be two-typed pages, doubled-spaced, 12-point font, and have one-inch margins). The paper’s topic should be MCTS history and activities (at least two) or individuals (at least two) recognized at Alumni Banquet associated with MCTS. Applicant MUST KNOW the content on essay and MUST BE knowledgeable of MCTS History. Please see the website http://www.mctswhippets.org for pertinent information. Be sure to reference sources of information.
- Applicants will be contacted and scheduled for an interview with the Scholarship Committee.
Awards will be made primarily on the basis of
b) SAT/ACT Test scores
c) MCTS Essay
d) Knowledge of MCTS Essay
e) MCTS Interview
f) Extra-curricular Activities
Complete the application in its entirety and provide the required documentations postmarked by March 19,2021. Please send completed applications to the MCTS Scholarship Committee at the address listed above.
The MCTS High School Alumni Association, Inc. reserves the right to verify the accuracy of any information submitted to apply for its scholarship program.